You'll find that the Maxima sloops are reliable, quiet and safe boats. You can handle them quickly because of their manoeuvrability. The sloop is very stable due to its size, hull shape and weight. Cruising tips for safe sloop sailing in Friesland.
Good to know
- With a lot of wind, take into account the wind blowing off the boat.
- If possible, avoid large lakes in strong winds.
- The IJsselmeer is forbidden sailing area.
- You keep to the right side of the water while sailing.
- At natural (reed) banks and stone poured banks do not sail too close to the shore in
bandages for too shallow water and damage to propeller etc.
- Sail calmly in narrow water so that you do not damage the bank and/or ships lying here.
Just as on the road, traffic rules also apply on the water. The most important rules for sloops are:
- Do not suddenly change course
- Right (starboard) goes for
- Make sure you have a good view all around, look back regularly
- Anchor not at bridges, locks and in the middle of a waterway
- Swimming in the fairway is forbidden, as well as at bridges, locks and waiting areas.
- Sail (as a driver) alcohol-free. The legal limit on the water is 0.5 per mille. This is checked, the fines are high!
Some priority rules:
- Never take precedence. Give priority, especially when you are uncertain or unclear
whoever has priority
- Remember that sailboats have priority under sail on open water and less
can easily deviate from course
- Small vessels (shorter than 20 metres) must give priority to large vessels.
ships, commercial vessels such as passenger ships, ferries and tugboats.
For more information also visit fernsamen.nl
Cruising tips for safe sloe sailing in Friesland.